Maintenance Engineering Officer
A NEW WORLD … A NEW CANADA POST
There’s a lot going on at Canada Post and, if you haven’t thought of us before as a place to continue to grow your engineering career, think again. It’s more than just the modernization of our postal systems, it’s a whole new way of looking at how we can be more competitive and play a larger role in the lives of Canadians. Our state-of-the-art systems are crucial to the success of our operations, as are our Engineers.
We are looking for a Maintenance Engineering Officer with excellent communication skills and the ability to execute and make key decisions in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. If this describes you, consider joining us now. This is your opportunity to work for a world leader in the postal industry, recognized as one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens. You’ll be joining a profit-oriented organization focused on growth and innovation, and enjoy a comprehensive total compensation package – including a competitive salary and incentive plan, health and retirement benefits, training, and the chance to grow with us and explore your career potential.
Working closely with the plant Maintenance team, you will develop and implement preventive maintenance strategies and processes. Part of your role will also include reviewing maintenance and installation plans for new, upgraded and modified equipment.
The successful candidate will
• Execute proactive and predictive maintenance activities.
• Train technicians and engineers on the performance of maintenance activities.
• Conduct quality inspections on maintenance tasks completed by CPC staff or contractors.
• Implement field tests and campaigns in support of the reliability engineer.
• Gather and examine basic maintainability problem data from field studies and observation of tasks being performed.
• Recommend and design tools and jigs to ensure repeatability, quality and productivity of work being done.
• Liaise with Maintenance and provide feedback to the planner on execution times, improvements and recommendations for more efficient, safer work practices.
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• Engineering Degree from an accredited engineering program
• P.Eng accreditation or eligible for accreditation as a P.Eng, or registered as an EIT (Engineer-in-Training) with a provincial engineering regulatory body
• At least 3 years of experience in a maintenance role in a manufacturing industrial setting in the last 5 years (e.g., food and beverage industry, automotive, airline, natural resources or a similar production environment that uses conveyor systems)
• Extensive experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Canada Post Registered Pension Plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers’ changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You’ll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.