Postal Clerk (Parcel Support)
Experience the dynamic mail operations environment only Canada Post can offer. As a self-starter with a flexible schedule, you will have the opportunity to work a variety of shifts including, days, evenings, overnights and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
The successful candidate will
• Operating and shuttling of corporate vehicles
• Operation of material handling equipment
• Receiving and accepting mail items
• Sort, scan and sequence and batch mail items
• Transferring and loading of a postal truck
• Transfers and dispatching of parcels and packets
• Completes reports and documentation
• Maintain a satisfactory safe driving record and their appropriate class of provincial driver’s license during their employment with Canada Post when operating a corporate vehicle
• Lift mail items weighing up to 22.7 kilograms (50lbs)
• Perform other postal clerk duties as required
Job requirements (Education and Work experience)
• Must possess a valid Class 5 or Class G permanent provincial driver’s license.
• For the past 3 years held a safe and satisfactory driving record (driver’s abstract)
• Experience working in a production environment is an asset
• Experience driving/moving various sizes and types of commercial vehicles
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Other information about this job:
• Please attach to your profile a copy of a current driver’s abstract (dated within the last 30 days). This document is required in order to consider your application and can be obtained from your local Ministry of Transportation office.
• You will be required to pass pre-employment tests and an interview.
CANDIDATES WILL BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE:
• A character reference letter
Canada Post offers
• Competitive pay
• Potential for permanent opportunities
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s largest employers we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.