Inside Sales Representative
City / Province:
Ottawa, ON, Ontario
Job Closing Date:
If you are ambitious, talented and driven, consider a fast-moving career with Canada Post. We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative to utilize telesales techniques to establish and maintain account relationships with assigned commercial customers. You will assume responsibility for meeting or exceeding personal and team targets through the promotion and sale of postal products and services, and will communicate effectively with internal contacts throughout the Corporation to champion sales opportunities and service quality on behalf of the customer, and contribute to profitable revenue growth.
The successful candidate will:
• Use telesales techniques to achieve or exceed individual revenue targets and National CVI (Customer Value Index) targets for commercial customers
• Work from an existing, assigned customer list and strive to understand each customer, their business drivers and requirements, and develop the appropriate value propositions to close sales
• Maintain strong customer relationships, increase revenue by identifying new and incremental sales opportunities with existing customers, and close additional sales
• Prepare quality written communications for internal and external purposes such as responding to customer inquiries and requests
• Plan and pre-schedule all calls to customers to ensure that the appropriate frequency of customer contact and sales coverage is achieved
• Maintain a basic customer profile for all customers that includes customer contact names and corresponding information, and maintain an Account Development Plan for all major customers that includes a brief customer profile, contact names and corresponding information, a summary of any research conducted on the industry, the customer’s revenue and competitors, and any additional sales opportunities
• Ensure all call activity information is captured, maintained and updated in the corporate database system, including customer contact information and market and competitive intelligence
• Prepare customer contracts/agreements, review the terms and conditions with the customer, finalize the sales contract, and monitor the contract to ensure declared revenues are actually received
• Communicate with the appropriate internal Canada Post functions to resolve service, quality or transaction issues
• Maintain knowledge of Canada Post products, services and rates, ongoing sales activities, and key competitor products, pricing, strengths and weaknesses
• Attend all relevant training provided by the Corporation in order to remain current on effective selling techniques
• Support all Corporate and Line of Business initiatives
Job requirements (Education and Work experience):
• Post Secondary Degree/Diploma OR Equivalent work experience (See below)
• Minimum 2 years of Commercial business to business sales experience
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e. understand the major features of each software application)
As part of the selection process selected candidates will be required to complete a security screening process
Notice to Applicants:
In order for Canada Post Human Resources to invite applicants for interviews, please ensure
Email Communication Consent
preferences are set to allow emails. Consent may be found in the career profile. Applicants should check email junk/spam folders regularly as Canada Post communicates with applicants via email.
Our Leadership Behaviours and Corporate Values:
Decision Making - A champion of the organization who takes calculated risks and makes prudent, common sense decisions about current issues, future opportunities and resource requirements in a timely, well thought out manner, that aligns with the corporation's best interests.
Accountability - An individual who strives for performance excellence and who holds him/herself and direct reports accountable for decisions and actions and for learning from mistakes when intended results are not achieved.
Business Orientation - A proactive individual who understands the competitive nature of the business, and is committed to sustaining the business through excellent customer service and new business opportunities.
Execution - A focused and self motivated individual who acts with a sense of urgency and delivers on time and within budget, by dealing effectively with challenges and ambiguous situations.
Leading People - A compelling communicator and leader who engages, motivates and inspires others to achieve results and who encourages personal growth and finding better ways of doing things.
Canada Post offers:
A total compensation package
• Competitive salary
• Annual incentive program
• Comprehensive individual and family benefits coverage
• Vacation and leave options
• Defined benefit pension plan
A strong community of employees
• Our employees drive innovation and ensure that our business continues to evolve to meet our customers' changing needs
The satisfaction of a job well done
• You'll be part of a winning team that touches the lives of millions
Careers that deliver:
If you're ready to make a difference and discover your full potential, Canada Post delivers a variety of exciting and challenging career opportunities across the country. As one of Canada’s top employers and best corporate citizens, we’re committed to attracting, retaining and developing a winning team to meet the evolving needs of Canadians and secure our future.
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience.
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Sorry, this job is no longer available.
© 2016 Canada Post Corporation